Descendants of Abner Everidge
Generation No. 1
1. ABNER1 EVERIDGE was born Abt.
Notes for ABNER EVERIDGE:
Abner Everidge lived in North Carolina. He enlisted in the Army. He left
and was never heard from again. He left behind a wife and four children 2 boys
and 2 girls. One day the two boys were out and when they came home they found
their two smaller sisters tied to the bedposts. Their mother was gone and
she was never heard from again.
Children of ABNER EVERIDGE are:
2. i. SOLOMON2 EVERIDGE, b. 1784.
3. ii. MARY EVERIDGE, b. May 1772;
Generation No. 2
2. SOLOMON2 EVERIDGE (ABNER1) was born 1784. He married CATHERINE (KATE) ISON. She was born 1795.
Notes for SOLOMON EVERIDGE:
In order to bring some sort of educational
system into the Eastern Kentucky backwoods Solomon Everage went to Hazard to request Katherine Pettit and May Stone, the "quare
fotched-on women from the level land" to found a school in the Troublesome Creek area.
Solomon watched them quietly for hours
before he introduced himself to the women saying "Women my name is Solomon Everage.
Some calls me the granddaddy of Troublesome. Since I was a little shirttail
boy hoeing corn on the hillsides, I've looked up Troublesome and down Troublesome for someb'dy to come in and larn us sumpin. My chilehood pass and my manhood and now my head is abloomin' for the grave and still
nobody hain't come. I groed up ignorant and mean.
My offsprings wuss and my grands wusser and what my greats will be if something hain't done to stop the meanness of
their maneuvers God only knows. When I heard the tale of you two women I walked
the 22 miles across the ridges to search out the truth of it. I am now persuaded
you are the ones I have looked for all my lifetime. Come over to Troublesome
women and do for us what you are doing hyre."
He was 80 years old when he made this barefoot,
Child of SOLOMON EVERIDGE and CATHERINE ISON is:
ABNER3 EVERIDGE, b. 1837, Troublesome Creek, Ky.
More About ABNER EVERIDGE:
Occupation: Revolutionary war soldier
Residence: North Carolina
3. MARY2 EVERIDGE (ABNER1) was born May 1772, and died 1852. She married WILLIAM (BILLIE) CORNETT 1796 in Henrico
Co. Virginia, son of JOHN CORNETT and ELIZABETH MOSEBY. He was born 1761.
Notes for WILLIAM (BILLIE) CORNETT:
Revolutionary War soldier.
More About WILLIAM (BILLIE) CORNETT:
Event 1: Adoptive father of Agnes
Child of MARY EVERIDGE and WILLIAM CORNETT
4. i. SAMUEL3 CORNETT, b. 04 Mar 1809;
d. 24 Nov 1860.
Generation No. 3
4. SAMUEL3 CORNETT (MARY2 EVERIDGE, ABNER1) was born 04 Mar 1809, and died 24 Nov 1860. He
married POLLY ADAMS 01 May 1832, daughter of MOSES ADAMS and MARY GARLAND.
She was born 18 Jul 1815 in Pert Creek, Floyd Co. Ky., and died 1860 in Troublesome Creek, Ky..
Notes for SAMUEL CORNETT:
The first settler of Hindman (McPhearson)
Children of SAMUEL CORNETT and POLLY ADAMS
5. i. MARY ANN4 CORNETT, b. 1833; d. 15 May 1888, Ivis, Knott County Kentucky.
iii. WALTER CORNETT.
iv. WILLIAM G.
v. MOSES CORNETT.
vi. MARGARET CORNETT.
vii. JANE CORNETT.
viii. RACHAEL CORNETT.
6. ix. SALLY ANN CORNETT.
Generation No. 4
5. MARY ANN4 CORNETT (SAMUEL3, MARY2 EVERIDGE, ABNER1) was born 1833, and died 15 May 1888 in Ivis, Knott County Kentucky. She married CAMPBELL (TWIN) PIGMAN, LT. 28 Oct 1847, son of JOHN PIGMAN and ROSANA AMBURGEY. He was born 13 Jan 1830 in (Upper Carr Creek) Perry County Kentucky, and died 09 Feb 1888 in Ivis, Knott
Notes for CAMPBELL (TWIN) PIGMAN, LT.:
Campbell served as a 2nd lieutenant in
Company "A" , 13th calvary regiment, Kentucky Volunteers, CSA, in the Civil War.
His landholdings and the transactions by
which they were acquired are given by Jillson (1926) as follows: 100 A on Troublesome Ck, 1851 (Letc Bk 36-101); 25 A, Main
Troublesome, 1857 (Letc Bk 57-201); 25 A, Troublesome, 1859 (Letc Bk) 59-502); 95 A, Line Hollow, 1861 (Letc Bk 63-210); 25
A, Troublesome 1871 Letc Bk 88-518); and 25 A, Troublesome, 1871 (Letc Bk 88-519).
More About CAMPBELL (TWIN) PIGMAN, LT.:
Cause of Death: flux
Event 1: 28 Oct 1847, married by R. Calhoun
Occupation: farmer and landowner
Residence: Troublesome ck acerage Letcher
Children of MARY CORNETT and CAMPBELL PIGMAN are:
7. i. JOSEPH E.5 PIGMAN, b. 26 Mar 1858, Letcher County, Kentucky; d. 25 Feb 1946, Knott County, Kentucky.
8. ii. WILLIAM C. PIGMAN, b. 1863, Letcher Co., Kentucky.
iii. MARY ANN (POLLY) PIGMAN,
b. Abt. 1851.
iv. CHRISTINA (TINA) PIGMAN.
v. ROSANA (ROSA) PIGMAN.
vi. JAMES MADISON (LITTLE MADISON) PIGMAN, b. Oct 1848.
vii. SARAH (SALLIE) PIGMAN,
viii. JOHN RILEY
PIGMAN, b. 17 Aug 1868.
ix. RACHEL PIGMAN,
6. SALLY ANN4 CORNETT (SAMUEL3, MARY2 EVERIDGE, ABNER1) She married DOLPH DRAUGHN,
son of DR. DRAUGHN and HARRIET WICKER.
Children of SALLY CORNETT and DOLPH DRAUGHN
Generation No. 5
7. JOSEPH E.5 PIGMAN (MARY ANN4 CORNETT, SAMUEL3, MARY2 EVERIDGE, ABNER1)
was born 26 Mar 1858 in Letcher County, Kentucky, and died 25 Feb 1946 in Knott County, Kentucky. He married (1) MARY (POPPY) BRANHAM SMITH
1879, daughter of JOHN SMITH and SARAH ADAMS. She was born 28 Jul 1854,
and died Abt. 1883. He married (2) SARAH FRANCES JONES 12 Nov 1883 in Letcher County Kentucky, daughter of JONATHAN JONES and HARRIET DRAUGHN. She was born 10 Jul 1857 in Knott County Kentucky, and died 03 Jan 1944 in Knott County
Notes for SARAH FRANCES JONES:
Child of JOSEPH PIGMAN and MARY SMITH
9. i. CURTIS6 PIGMAN, b. 09 Jan 1880,
Letcher County (Smith Branch) Kentucky; d. 30 Nov 1954, Lexington, Kentucky.
Children of JOSEPH PIGMAN and SARAH JONES
10. ii. RUDOLPHUS (DOLPH)6 PIGMAN, b. 30 Nov 1884; d. 21 Oct 1910.
iii. ALEXANDER PIGMAN, b. 29 Sep 1886.
iv. MALLIE PIGMAN,
b. 04 Nov 1888.
11. v. OLLIE PIGMAN, b. 21 Nov 1890;
d. 21 Aug 1967.
vi. HESTER PIGMAN,
b. 15 Aug 1893.
vii. EFFIE PIGMAN,
b. 03 Apr 1896.
viii. FRENCH PIGMAN,
b. 02 Dec 1898; d. 19 Mar 1917.
ix. GLADYS PIGMAN,
b. 20 May 1901.
8. WILLIAM C.5 PIGMAN (MARY ANN4 CORNETT, SAMUEL3, MARY2 EVERIDGE, ABNER1)
was born 1863 in Letcher Co., Kentucky. He married (1) ELIZABETH CRASE. He married (2) GILLY ANN FAULKS
25 Jan 1888 in Knott Co., Kentucky.
Children of WILLIAM PIGMAN and ELIZABETH CRASE are:
12. i. WALTER6 PIGMAN.
iii. MARTHA PIGMAN.
Child of WILLIAM PIGMAN and GILLY FAULKS
13. iv. DALLIE6 COMBS, b. Knott Co., Kentucky.
Generation No. 6
9. CURTIS6 PIGMAN (JOSEPH E.5, MARY ANN4 CORNETT, SAMUEL3, MARY2 EVERIDGE, ABNER1) was born 09
Jan 1880 in Letcher County (Smith Branch) Kentucky, and died 30 Nov 1954 in Lexington, Kentucky. He married HATTIE CORSICANA HAYS 16 Feb 1905 in
Knott County Kentucky, daughter of JOHN HAYS and LUTITIA PERKINS. She was born 04 Nov 1884
in Ivis, Kentucky, and died 25 Sep 1967 in Homeplace hospital, Kentucky.
More About CURTIS PIGMAN:
Cause of Death: rupt. intest. polyps
Medical Information: Addictions
More About HATTIE CORSICANA HAYS:
Cause of Death: hardened arteries
Medical Information: No Heart disease,
High blood pressure, Stroke, No Cancer, No Addictions, No Alzheimer's, No Mental illness, No Diabetes
Children of CURTIS PIGMAN and HATTIE HAYS
HAYS7 PIGMAN, b. 04 Mar 1918, Hindman, Kentucky; d. 22 Aug 2001, Lexington, Ky; m. MARGARET JUNE JONES, 15 Mar 1947, Hazard, Kentucky; b. 22 Oct 1927, Hazard, Kentucky.
VERNA MAE PIGMAN, b. 30 Aug 1906; m. THOMAS KELLY.
More About VERNA MAE PIGMAN:
Cause of Death: bleeding ulcers
iii. NELLIE GRAY
PIGMAN, b. 30 Jul 1908; d. 16 Feb 1974.
iv. ARTHUR GOEBEL
PIGMAN, b. 09 Nov 1909; d. 14 Dec 1993; m. ELLEN STAHL; b. 17 Jun 1917;
d. 08 Jun 1980.
v. HELEN LUTITIA
PIGMAN, b. 17 Jan 1920.
vi. ETTA LOIS
PIGMAN, b. 09 Nov 1912; d. 14 Aug 1913.
10. RUDOLPHUS (DOLPH)6 PIGMAN (JOSEPH E.5, MARY ANN4 CORNETT, SAMUEL3, MARY2 EVERIDGE, ABNER1)
was born 30 Nov 1884, and died 21 Oct 1910. He married NONNIE HAYS, daughter of JOHN HAYS
and LUTITIA PERKINS. She was born 30 May 1890, and died 02 Aug 1966.
Children of RUDOLPHUS PIGMAN and NONNIE HAYS
ALMA7 PIGMAN, b. 03 Feb 1910; m. BRISTOL HALE.
VERTIE CECIL PIGMAN, b. 08 Oct 1908, Ivis, Ky.Knott Co., Ky.;
m. COET CONLEY, 22 Dec 1934, Martin, Floyd Co., Ky.; b. 28 Oct 1903; d. 05 Dec 1994.
11. OLLIE6 PIGMAN (JOSEPH E.5, MARY ANN4 CORNETT, SAMUEL3, MARY2 EVERIDGE, ABNER1) was born 21
Nov 1890, and died 21 Aug 1967. She married AUGUSTUS ARNET (GUSS) HAYS,
son of JOHN HAYS and LUTITIA PERKINS. He was born 28 Dec 1881, and died 09 May 1965.
Children of OLLIE PIGMAN and AUGUSTUS HAYS are:
VIOLET ALMA7 HAYS, b. 29 Mar 1912; m. ROBERT WILSON YOUNG; b. 10 Dec 1918.
JANIS FRANCES HAYS, b. 15 May 1920; m. AFTON SMITH.
12. WALTER6 PIGMAN (WILLIAM C.5, MARY ANN4 CORNETT, SAMUEL3, MARY2 EVERIDGE, ABNER1) He married DALLIE COMBS 05 Jan 1911 in Knott Co. Kentucky, daughter of WILLIAM PIGMAN and GILLY FAULKS. She was born in Knott Co., Kentucky.
Children of WALTER PIGMAN and DALLIE COMBS
HERSCHEL7 PIGMAN, b. 13 Jan 1912, state of Washington; m. RUBY LAKE BLANKENSHIP, 16 Apr 1936;
b. 16 Nov 1916, Randle, Lewis Co., Washington.
iii. BERNARD PIGMAN.
iv. DOROTHY PIGMAN.
13. DALLIE6 COMBS (WILLIAM C.5 PIGMAN, MARY ANN4 CORNETT, SAMUEL3, MARY2 EVERIDGE, ABNER1) was born in Knott Co., Kentucky.
She married WALTER PIGMAN 05 Jan 1911 in Knott Co. Kentucky, son of WILLIAM PIGMAN and ELIZABETH CRASE.
Children are listed above under (12) Walter